Electricity is one of the essential household utilities that you require to run your everyday life smoothly. If you are looking for uninterrupted energy service at an economical price, then it is always advisable to choose the best energy supplier available in your locality. Here is a useful guide that will help you to understand how to change your existing electricity connection provider:
- Before making a move of switching electricity supplier, check whether there are any charges you need to incur for cancelling your current connection. You need to settle all your dues with existing energy supplier and submit a meter reading to your new electricity supplier.
- The best way to find out an economical electrical supplier is by making comparison of tariffs provided by all the suppliers. You can take help of energy price calculator to determine the bill amount for different electricity price rates.
- The process of switching electricity service provider is going to take more than two weeks. After successful completion of document process, your new connection provider will get in touch with the old supplier and finalise the switchover date that you will be notified about.
- Electricity and gas prices in the UK vary as per region and few connection providers offer service only to limited areas. So it is always advisable to cross check which energy suppliers are available in your locality to change electricity connection provider without any hassle.
- No matter what energy connection provider you choose, your electricity supply will not be interrupted. The only thing that is going to change is the supplier that bills you and the charges that are levied on your energy consumption.
- The process of switching electricity service provider is going to take more than two weeks. After successful completion of document process, your new connection provider will get in touch with the old supplier and finalize the switchover date that you will be notified about.
- Once the switchover is done, you will get a welcome letter from your new utility supplier. The letter will be attached with an outline of your new billing plan and the terms you have agreed to. Contact your supplier immediately, if you find any discrepancies between what has been promised to you and what it has been written.
- In case you have changed your mind and wish to continue with the old supplier then there is always a grace period available. Simply get in touch with your new connection provider and notify about the same. They will cancel the switchover without interruption of your electricity supply.
- High electricity bill is one of the major worries that most of the consumer believe. So make sure you are saving something when switching from old utility supplier to a new one. If there are minuscule savings involved after the switching, then it doesn’t make sense investing your valuable time and efforts behind the process moreover moving your electric meter.
You can always seek advice from friends or neighbourhoods but your electricity consumption may differ from others. So it is always recommended to analyze your needs first and then find out an energy supplier that will meet your requirement.